Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Working Equipment List

The equipment list is currently as follows and will be updated as it becomes more complete.
Last Edit: June 11, 2007

Camping:
Gas stove: Dragonfly, MSR
(2) 650 ml gas container: MSR
Kitchen set: Blacklite, MSR. I sent home the pan to cut down on weight
Sleeping bag: MEC Phareo (-7C)
Sleeping pad: Big Agnes, insulated, self-inflated.
Tent: Hubba Hubba (that means you, ladies), MSR
Homemade tent footprint (improvised tarp)
Head lamp
Pocket knife
rope: 50'
Duct tape
camp soap
Tarp: 9' x 12', for cowering
toilet paper

Bicycle:
Devinci Caribou C2: w/ disc brakes
Rear and Front Racks: Journey, Axiom
Fenders
Front and Rear Panniers: Champlain, Axiom, with covers
Handlebar Bag: Radisson, Axiom
3 bottle cages
3 water bottles + 2 1L Nalgene bottles
Cycle computer
Helmet
Bike gloves
2 spare tubes
1 spare tire: TopContact, Continental
Pump/ tire gauge
bell

Misc:
Microfiber towel
Bungie cords
Nylon straps
12 W solar panel: Sent home!
Kodak DX4530 digital camera, 3 batteries, memory card, lenses, cord
Maps: of every province and major city
Backpack
iPod, headphones, charger
First Aid kit
Ayn Rand's "Altlas Shrugged"

Clothing:
2 pairs quick-dry pants/shorts
2 pairs biking shorts
1 pair rain pants
2 quick-dry t-shirts
2 quick-dry long sleeve shirts
1 fleece pullover
1 rain jacket, Goretex
1 pair bike shoes: Shimano SH-MT70
2 pair running socks
water-proof booties
long-johns: sent home in Alberta
tuque
Sandals
wool socks
2 pairs normal socks
2 pairs underwear

Food

On tour I usually have WAY too much food. I mean, I could live on the food I carry for days and days if I wanted to. Why do I do this? A few reasons. I don't like knowing that I don't have any food on me. Some people cycle without any and buy at their first opportunity. I feel safer knowing I could live for a while on my supplies if need be. Also, I like variety so I carry a wide assortment of snacks and meals. The cost is having to lug around a few kilos of pasta, oatmeal, trailmix, energy bars, etc.

1 comment:

silvia said...

Hope for a better tomorrow !!
cheer!!