Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Paul and the Art of Bicycle Maintenance

My buddy Paul was gracious enough to lend me his Friday afternoon and expertise to teach me about bike maintenance. I figure it'll come in handy and according to him, if I remember everything he said, and with the right tools, I'd never need to bring the bike in for another tune up again. I'm not sure I have that much faith in myself, but it's a nice thought.

We went through everything from changing a tire to tuning up the brakes and derailleurs, as well as more than a few of my brother's beers. Hey, it's a team effort! Team Phil!





This is me learning what a pedal is.











Paul, Bike Guru










The happiest day: When I used my Advanced Macro- economics (Romer) and Econo- metric Methods (Johnston, DiNardo) text books as a bike stand. They didn't work well, but it still brought a smile to my face.
(Days till Departure: 32)